Planting flowers in a window box can be an alternative for those of you who live in a cramped area or apartment, or you just want to apply new decorating ideas for your house. Usually, all the windows just left empty without any frills. If using the ornaments, the ornament that is often used is the trellis and drapery. On the outside, the window is left blank with no ornament. Although ornament with gypsum material is beautiful, but this decoration seem boring. Therefore you need other decorations so that your window is more gorgeous and beautiful when seen from the outside.
One way is by planting flowers in a window box. You do not need to be confused for your gardening hobby into a narrow area. Many ways of gardening that you can apply to decorate your house or apartment with a fresh crop. Live plants serve to make your home become more cool and pretty. If you are tired after a long day of work at the computer, then you can directly open the window and see the green of your plants.
The Advantage of Planting Plant in Your Home
Many benefits you can enjoy when you are planting flowers in a window box. The appearance of your window will look more beautiful and gorgeous. Your home will be more fresh and cool. If your plants have bright colors and contrast with your windows, then blend the color will be more beautiful and attractive. Here are some tips for planting flowers in a window box:
• Build a strong box made of cement and sand. You can provide a framework of iron bones. Arrange the framework in accordance with the design or pattern you like. Then you can close the frame with cement and sand. The process is performed similarly to the manufacture of wall.
• It is important that you should not forget is to give a hole at the bottom of the planting medium to sewer. These holes are made just like a hole in the pot so the water would instantly fall down. If under no floor, so the hole can be given a hose or tube so that the floor is not stained with water used to spray the flowers. The pipe can be planted on the wall like a pipe normally used to drain the rain.
• You can also use other materials such as metal or wood. Plants are not directly planted in the box, but the plants placed in the pot are then placed in a window box. You must create a box that is full and tightly so the pot is not visible.
• You should also pay attention to the direction you open the lid on the window. If shutters are outside when it was opened, then the plant box should be slightly downward so that the plants do not obstruct the window when it is opened. If the position of the shutters is inside, then the plant box should be parallel to the window so that the plant can be seen from inside the room.
• You can choose a beautiful short crop. Do not choose plants that are too high because the plant can block your view and instead will make your home window looks spooky.
Tips to Decorate the Windows with Flowers
• Choose plants according to the weather in your area. If your area is available sun all day, then you can choose plants that love the sun.
• Cut the plastic bag and place it in your window box. These plastic bags can facilitate you to move or change your plants.
• Mix the soil and organic fertilizer. Usually organic fertilizer for plants in pots is already available on the market. Give a little water until the water you do not give too much to trickle down. Stir until well blended perfectly.
• Cut the plastic bag in your plant, and then move the plants to a planting medium that you have prepared.
• Do not plant crops at a distance that is too close. Give space between plants with each other so that growth was good and not collide with each other.
Such plants can make your eyes fresh and the atmosphere in your home becomes cool. In his spare time, you can enjoy your beautiful plants from indoors while sitting or reading a book. Making the plant in this window is also quite cheap. Happy planting flowers in a window box.